Hello everyone, well here I am updating my blog after THE worst night ever haha last time I checked the clock it was 5 and I was still awake, so if I write something and it doesn't make sense you know why - sleep deprivation. What is new? Well I am officially done with spring term which means being FINALLY done with the three prereq courses I had to take for statistics and research analysis. I'm not saying that I didn't enjoy all of them because each one of the researchs I did were about a subject I was interested in; however, I cannot say that they had external validity because I mean the sample was composed of BYU students - that is obviously biased but that's ok. So yeah I'm officially done and now I have only psychology classes from the cluster I'm actually interested in - Clinical cluster. Starting Monday - I know I'm insane - I'll start taking classes concerning personality, abnormal behavior, social psych, critical issues etc. So I'm really really excited!! On the other hand I'm also really busy because of that. I have decided to go to graduate school into Marriage, Family and Adolescent Therapy. So obviously I'm sarting to think of my resume, my recommendation letters and of course the infamous - and may I say useless - GRE test. So busy busy. For this, I already collected five recommendation letters out of the three they asked me. I have done two indepedent research with teachers, which builds my resume. I have worked in the psychology department as well. I also applied for a job for the Fall working at a clinic as a observational coder for families with serious conflicts and problems. I'm still waiting for them to answer so pray for that haha I really want it.
Ok so let's leave school for now, I think I have enough of that already! So next week I'm going to Vegas to watch Boston and Styx on concert! yay! I am so excited for that! That will be like the only vacation I have this year! Brian burned two cd's for me of their greatest hits so I've been listening to them like NONSTOP! I can say that I've becomed quite a fan. I already picked - kinda- my favorite songs. That would have to be mmm Peace of Mind, Feelin' Satisified, Livin' For You and Rock and Roll Band, also Lady '95, Show Me The Way, Renegade and Come Sail Away. So yeah I'm def excited to go as I've been going to school nonstop haha again my fault but I def need a break. As of lately - as I told Kelli haha- Show Me The Way has been quite an inspirational song for me haha....u guys should read the lyrics they are pretty good! So I hope they play that song at the concert!
What else? oh yeah! At Gold's Gym they opened a new class called Zumba, which is a combination of all latin dances, salsa, merengue, cumbia, samba, Venezuelan drums, bachata, and of course reggeaton. I went last Thursday and it was absolutely amazing! The teacher had us dancing nonstop for the entire hour! It was a great experience as I feel absolutely amazing when I'm dancing. As I have described before, dancing is my passion and this Thursday while I was listening to all these latin music and what not I felt so incredibly proud of being Latin! The music moves me from the inside. It's funny so I'll try to describe it, I feel kinda as if the music runs in my veins and whenever I'm listening to it or dancing my heart starts beating fast and I just can't help myself but to give everything when I'm dancing. I give my whole heart to every step. And the best part is that it makes me absolutely happy. Whenever I've had a problem or just too much in my head I've gone dancing to it and I absolutely forget about it and just let myself go...it's the best feeling ever. I am so proud of belonging to this massive family of hispanics and latins! It's almost as if there's like an internal drum that connects us! The culture is so rich! What can I say I love it! Anyhow I believe this will do nicely for now...
No comments:
Post a Comment