The happenings of the Chaney casita

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Through his eyes

Last week we got out first taste of Spring here in Utah, it was wonderful! The sun was out and I decided it was time to take Alex to the park since he is so fond of walking and trying new things. We started with the swings, and at first Alex was looking right at me all smiles and enjoying the new sensation of going up and down.


Then this cute girl - albeit older than him - got on the swing right next to him. Needless to say it was impossible to catch his attention enough to get a decent picture. One of many experiences in which the flirt in him defeats his fascination with mommy.



 Once he was done with the swings I simply let him walk around the grass. It was a warm day but it was windy, and usually I don't like wind, but this time it was different. Alex was running around stopping to see the grass, and the leaves...he would analyze each thing meticulously with his tiny fingers (try to eat some of it and then realizing it doesn't taste good), smile back at me and continue running. As we was doing all of this I was just looking at his hair moved by the wind and I couldn't help but see things through his eyes. Everything is new, everything is exciting, everything is beautiful. So I stopped to notice things more.



I noticed that the grass wasn't fully green yet because of the Winter that we're slowly leaving behind, the leaves were brown but most has kept their beautiful shapes, the grass wasn't wet which made it easier for us to roll on the grass without fear of getting wet, the mountains on the background are starting to show signs of green with still some snow on the top, and although the smell of summer is still not there you can sense it approaching. I stopped to notice all of these things, and then I took this picture.





Look at that hair! I was thinking that while all of God's creations were indeed beautiful, and it took my little boy's demeanor to make me stop and notice...no creation is more beautiful than him. I couldn't help but have a sense of awe and wonder watching him run around with that beautiful hair, with his arms on his side for balance and that smile that can melt anybody's heart. My son is my most beautiful creation. I'm reminded of that everyday, and my only hope is that one day he will see himself through my eyes as he constantly teaches me to experience the world through his.




2 comments:

Danielly Lara de Azevedo said...

Loved the article and how you take time to document the little things that make life so wonderful! Thanks for sharing Dehhi :)

Neni said...

Danielly! Thank you so much for stopping by! And you're totally right it's truly the little things that make life wonderful :)