Yesterday was one of those days...I woke up with a headache which usually means I'm not nearly as patient as I can be, Alex woke up on the wrong side of the bed as he was just complaining about everything under the sky, Brian had a long demanding day at work so needless to say we were all trying to keep it all together by dinner time. Usually Alex will make this face while I'm feeding him, with some distractions needed, but overall this face makes feeding time so much easier.
Instead I got this face:
He has gotten into the habit of pushing stuff away when he doesn't want it. I was trying to feed him some soup and he had tried several times to push the bowl away from my hands. I tried offering him some other options, he just flat out didn't want to eat. I tried the soup again, and then bam he pushed it just a bit stronger to point that most of it fell on my lap, and the floor. I felt it, that visceral feeling we moms can get, when all sympathy and empathy disappear and you just want to either punch a pillow or scream at the top of your lungs, or both. I didn't do either, I just ran upstairs to get changed and said a quick prayer because I so wanted to stay calm and not strangle my child! I came back downstairs to find Brian on his knees cleaning up the mess on the floor, and immediately he went and got his sax. With the stress we both were feeling, having some music was like healing balm to my soul, especially because well he's amazingly talented! It didn't fix the problem, it didn't change the situation, but it did change my attitude. Alex ended up eating something else, while looking intently at daddy playing his sax, it helped to change his mood a bit as well.
For me this was heroic, superhero heroic haha because he was also tired and stressed from his job, and yet he found a way to help the environment in our home with his talent. I'm so grateful for this wonderful man!
My mother-in-law took this picture of Alex....One day he will be superman like his daddy, with his sax!
2 comments:
I love your post Denhi, you are a great mom!!! and you truly have a great husband. All I can say is I love reading your post they are so honest and I really enjoy that!!!!
Thank you so much!! I feel the need to be honest otherwise the writing is not therapeutic at all haha...thanks for all the support!!
Post a Comment