The happenings of the Chaney casita

Saturday, August 3, 2013

Oh Summer!

Shame on me! It's been almost 2 months, but to be quite honest it feels like 2 weeks! A lot has been going on, and my blog has not been top priority, but here I am with just a little update of this wonderful summer.

Life has been great, pretty great with many more activities to do now that Alex is older. Summer has been filled with plenty of smiles at the swing! Alex loves it, despite almost melting while he's in it, it's been extremely hot if you ask me.


For the 4th of July we went up to Idaho with my in-laws and enjoyed good company, good food, and amazing pool! It was a great time to relax and mostly watch Alex enjoy himself at the pool, which he absolutely did. It was the absolute cutest to see him keep his sunglasses on once he realized that it made a huge difference with the sun.



After we came back from Idaho I left for Young Women's camp for about a week. After being in the calling for about 3 years I was finally able to go and be with these amazing girls. It was a great week, I missed my boys like nobody's business but it was also great to be with these young girls so filled with faith. I actually didn't sleep all that bad - granted another leader gave me a magic sleeping pill - but still haha sleep is a most to feel like you function. Food was actually quite quite good, so aside from the infestation of flies and the one day we got a major thunder storm which made everything muddy, camp was an amazing experience. And let me tell you no one looks as attractive as when they're camping.


 After I came back we went to Thanksgiving Point, and Alex has had his swimming lessons (more on this later), and has officially started nursery at church (talk about separation anxiety for him and ME!!), he got a haircut without crying at all, and in 2 weeks we're heading to Cancun wohooo! I'm beyond excited to see my family and see Alex play with his cousin, and hopefully enjoy the sand haha...a bit of a stretch but we can certainly hope. Alex is growing wonderfully! Today he said mama twice, finally!!! He keeps learning and cracking me up with some of the things he does. Life is good, this summer has been one of the greatest. I love my little family and everything that we learn and live together.




4 comments:

utahmamalatina said...

Denhi I love reading your blog, and I am so happy you guys have been enjoying your summer to the fullest. My girls are going to be going to camp next year and I am so crossing my fingers that they will ask me to go and volunteer I love the spirit that this camp brings. I am also happy to see that you are enjoying the Thanksgiving Card. =)

Neni said...

Dennissa! Thank you so much, you're always so supportive and kind in your comments. Yes camp is a wonderful experience hopefully you'll be able to share it with your girls!

Unknown said...

Cool blog and Alex is so cute! I have a 7 mo/old baby boy and this post made me smile!

I also think it's amazing to connect with other bloggers through Facebook (we are part of the same group) keep sharing!!

Neni said...

Karla,
Thanks for stopping by!! 7 months is such a cute age, getting pretty mobile haha....I'll keep sharing probably more once Summer is over hehe...